What is Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance generally covers your business’ liability for a data breach involving sensitive customer information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, account numbers, driver’s license numbers and health records.
Who is Cyber Insurance For?
Just about any organization that uses technology to do business faces cyber risk. And as technology becomes more complex and sophisticated, so do the threats we face – which is why every business and organization needs to be prepared with both cyber liability insurance and an effective cyber security plan to manage and mitigate cyber risk. At Travelers, we understand the complexity of cyber threats and have solutions to help protect your business assets.
What Does Cyber Insuance Cover?
- Besides legal fees and expenses, cyber insurance typically helps with:
- Notifying customers about a data breach
- Restoring personal identities of affected customers
- Recovering compromised data
- Repairing damaged computer systems